Sunday 6 November 2011

The Fuji X100

I have followed with interest the Fuji X100 throughout 2011, having first seen a production model in March at Focus on Imaging exhibition.

Having held it and and played with it , I was impressed with the sheer beauty of the camera as it has a retro look of old and was further blown away by the image quality as I examined a portfolio of images, but in my option I didn't really need it as I have a compact at hand. It became a faded memory...

Fast forward to August 2011 and I started to have a look at various sites for reviews of the camera as it was well and truly out in the world although difficult top get hold of in certain places.

Reviews were very positive albeit some minors grips. I started to do my stalker visits to various camera stores to have a proper play with the glass cased display model. Reviews started to sway me notably the nice and funny chap at Digital Rev and Zack Arias who really convinced me that me and the X100 would make a good team.

So September I parted with an 'amount of money' and took the plunge. We actually haven't spent that much time together but I'm really enjoying using the camera and have already taken some memorable shots. I think we are going to develop a very healthy relationship.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment